Click here for a PDF of the Elementary Art Contest Guidelines & Social Studies Standards.
Indiana Kids’ Election (IKE) is sponsored by the Indiana State Bar Association, Indiana Secretary of State and the Indiana Department of Education.
ALL K-5 teachers, your students have a unique opportunity to participate in an art contest to teach the importance of good leaders and voting. The contest directly correlates to the Indiana Academic Standards for Social Studies.
Themes & Guidelines: 2016 IKE Elementary Art Contest
- Category 1: Grades K-1 | Theme: How do community leaders help us? (K.2.1, 1.1.3 1.2.1)
- Category 2: Grades 2-3 | Theme: What makes a good community leader? (2.2.3, 3.2.3)
- Category 3: Grades 4-5 | Theme: Why is voting important for our community? (4.2.4, 5.2.6)
The following awards will be presented in all three categories listed above:
- 1st Place | $75 + Award Certificate
- 2nd Place | $50 + Award Certificate
- 3rd Place | $25 + Award Certificate
- Honorable Mention | Award Certificate
Winning art will be on display as part of a special Bicentennial celebration at Indiana’s Statehouse in October 2016.
Judging: Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Art Design
- Ability to incorporate the theme into art design
Each entry must include the following information: student name; age; school; school address; teacher; and grade.
Size: 8 ½ x 11
Deadline: Friday, Sept. 30, 2016
IKE Elementary Art Contest
One Indiana Square, Suite 530
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Please Note: If you would like the artwork returned, please include a self-addressed envelope.