Unfortunately, there will be no art contest this year, but we look forward to hosting one during the next election! You are still welcome to look over the rules and past winners.
Click here for a PDF of the Elementary Art Contest Guidelines & Social Studies Standards.
Indiana Kids’ Election (IKE) is sponsored by the Indiana State Bar Association, Indiana Secretary of State and the Indiana Department of Education.
ALL K-5 teachers, your students have a unique opportunity to participate in an art contest to teach the importance of good leaders and voting. The contest directly correlates to the Indiana Academic Standards for Social Studies.
Themes & Guidelines: 2016 IKE Elementary Art Contest
- Category 1: Grades K-1 | Theme: How do community leaders help us? (K.2.1, 1.1.3 1.2.1)
- Category 2: Grades 2-3 | Theme: What makes a good community leader? (2.2.3, 3.2.3)
- Category 3: Grades 4-5 | Theme: Why is voting important for our community? (4.2.4, 5.2.6)
The following awards will be presented in all three categories listed above:
- 1st Place | $75 + Award Certificate
- 2nd Place | $50 + Award Certificate
- 3rd Place | $25 + Award Certificate
- Honorable Mention | Award Certificate
Winning art will be on display as part of a special Bicentennial celebration at Indiana’s Statehouse in October 2016.
Judging: Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Art Design
- Ability to incorporate the theme into art design
Each entry must include the following information: student name; age; school; school address; teacher; and grade.
Size: 8 ½ x 11
Deadline: Friday, Sept. 30, 2016
IKE Elementary Art Contest
One Indiana Square, Suite 530
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Please Note: If you would like the artwork returned, please include a self-addressed envelope.